The Canterville Ghost is regarded as one of the most appealing and delightful novels with the colourful character of the ghost. It is full of humour and fun and, at the same time, highlights the cultural clash between England and the United States. This text has been introduced by the Central Board of Secondary Education in the curriculum of Class 11English Core, as a long reading text.
Therefore, it has been designed to meet the intellectual needs of the student. It is unabridged. It covers important aspects of the novel along with chapterwise synopsis.
The following are its salient features.
1. Meaning of unfamiliar words as foot notes.
2. A summed-up traversing through synopsis at regular intervals.
3. Fill in the blanks in the most digestive manner.
4. Global questions based on subthemes.
5. Questions based on character sketches to enable students to do critical analysis of characters.
6.Activites created as milieu to help students to develop verbal and creative skills.
7. Answers to all the questions to check understanding.
8. Role-play and project-based situations created as milieu to help students improve both verbal and artistic skills.
9. A mixed bag of questions at the end of the book to enable students to keep abreast of detailed outlook of the work.
10. A snapshot on every question in perspective of answer under heading of value points.