It is hoped that book will help the I.C.S.E students to face their examination confidently and achieve success.
Every constructive suggestion for further improvement of the book is most welcome and shall be gratefully acknowledged.
Lab Manuals & Practical Manual of followings:
ICSE Lab manuals has been written in accordance with the guidelines issued by the council for the Indian certificate of secondary education Examination (ICSE) based on the latest syllabus prescribed for class 10.
Biology lab manual class 10
The book has the following salient features:
- The experiments have been written in a systematic manner with appropriate sub-headings.
- The language used in the manual is simple and easy to understand.
- Sketches are sharp and properly labelled to make it easy for the students.
- Theory given for each experiment will help in understanding the experiment.
- Viva voce questions with answers have been given at the end of each experiment. These are totally practical based.
Chemistry lab manual class 10
Salient features of the Lab-Manual:
- It emphasizes systematization of experimental work by visual means, i.e by showing almost all realistic colour pictures.
- Test matter has been planned giving emphasis to fundamental concepts in a simple, clear and systematic method.
- The test have been presented in an interesting style with a large number of examples.
- Identification of gases evolved on heating the substance or its treatment with acids or alkalies has been provided in a separate chapter.
- The producer for the analysis of substances by thermal methods has been divided into different chapters such as preliminary examination, dry heating test, identification of metal ions by flame tests etc.
- In order to facilitate analysis of various compounds, test have also been given in the form of tables so that once the students have understood the detailed chemistry behind various test, they can routinely follow the procedures provided in the tables.
Physics lab manual class 10
Salient features of the book are as follows:
- The experiments in the book are designed keeping in mind the theoretical work covered in the class.
- The book has been written to make the theoretical concepts clear through experimentation.
- The language used in the book is simple and lucid, to make it understandable even by a weaker students
- Each experiment has a theory portion in which emphasis is given on making the student understand the theoretical concept on which the experiment is based.
- Detailed self-explanatory labelled diagrams have been added to ensure easy understanding of the experiments.
- Observation tables are given for easy analysis of the data collected during the experiment.
- For determination of various unknown values, formulae used in calculations are given.
- Practical-based viva-voce questions with brief answers are given at the end of each experiment to help students prepare in a better way.