Delhi/NCR - Approx 3 - 4 working days
Rest of India - Approx 5 - 8 working days
Binding : Paper Back
Author : Rachna Sagar Expert Panel
Language : English
ISBN : 9788181377890
Weight : 0.350 kg
Silas Marner is notable for its strong realism and delicate treatment of a variety of issues ranging from religion to industrialization and community. The author has used every means, both direct and forthright to subtle and implied to bring before the reader the joys of leading a morally charged existence as do the characters in the novel. Most of the novel’s themes and concerns stem from Eliot’s own experiences. The voice of the narrator is, to some extent, seen as Eliot’s own voice— thoroughly empathetic with the characters. Though Silas Marner is a personal novel for Eliot, its treatment of the themes of faith, family and class give it a universal appeal, especially at a time when English society and institutions were undergoing rapid changes.
- Meaning of unfamiliar words as footnotes.
- Storyline (Summary) at the end of each chapter.
- Global questions based on the themes.
- Numerous questions and answers.
- Treatment of major and minor characters.
- Role-plays and interesting activities in each chapter.
- The purpose of this unabridged text and the study material is to help students appreciate the novel in its entirety and as a different genre as also to render all possible help to prepare them thoroughly for the forthcoming exams.
Buy Together With Silas Marner Novel for Class 12, based on ncert and CBSE pattern, a third novel which is written by the George Eliot, first published in 1861