Together With The Invisible Man Novel for Class 12
Delhi/NCR - Approx 3 - 4 working days
Rest of India - Approx 5 - 8 working days
Binding : Paper Back
Author : Rachna Sagar Expert Panel
Language : English
ISBN : 9788181377906
Weight : 0.370 kg
- The Invisible Man, is a novel by H.G. Wells based in the geare of science fiction. It was published in 1897. It is a tale of psychological terror created by a young scientist who eventually becomes a victim of his own experiment. He is the protagonist, the Invisible Man, Griffin, who invents a way to change the body’s refractive index to that of air so that it absorbs and reflects no light and thus becomes invisible. Ironically he is unable to reverse the results. This is H.G. Wells’ capturing masterpiece outlining the devastating effects of invisibility on the body and the consequent panic it created in the society.
- While his early writings, The Time Machine and The Island of Doctor Moreau, were written using first-person narrators, Wells adopts a third-person, objective point of view, in this novel. The novel undoubtedly marks its success in maintaining curiosity and inquisitiveness from beginning till end, familiarising its readers with the psyche of the mind, thereby developing cognitive skills leading to logical reasoning.
1. Meaning of difficult words as footnotes.
2. A concise summary of the events at the end of each chapter.
3. Global questions based on the sub-themes of the story.
4. Analytical studies of characters in the story.
5. Answers to questions for each chapter.
- It is hoped that this novel would bring out the best out of our students. It would equip them with resource material, that will enable them to develop a holistic approach.